Cernis frequently has opportunities for young people to gain experience, by working with us. Internships can be as short as a few weeks or up to six months.
Cernis offers internships, of three to six months duration, to young people up to the age of 25. We also provide opportunities to young people on time-limited projects, which include the ability to work remotely.
We provide our interns with:
• Experience of working in a small energetic company
• Development of a good work ethic
• Increased employability
• On the job training and supervision
• Opportunities for developing skills, initiative and creativity
• CV building
• Social events and fun
Interns offer us:
• A fresh approach to our business
• A young person’s perspective on our products and processes
• A range of skills that helps us develop (eg IT)
• Knowledge and experience that helps us understand our end users better
• Insight into how to exercise our corporate social responsibility effectively
Working with interns and with ex-service users as (virtual) young associates has been a richly rewarding experience for all of us. We positively encourage all young people, including those who have been disadvantaged in any way, to contact us about opportunities.
Cernis' last intern created the framework for developing WikiCAMHS and created the first 800 pages, including all the local information about CAMHS providers. This was a truly impressive achievement and enabled us to launch a free resource for the CAMHS community, which we anticipate will continue to extend and expand.
During the development of our online participation tool, Puzzledout.com, we recruited three young people with experience of using mental health services. Following an induction at the Cernis office, our three Young Associates worked with us remotely to ensure we stayed youth-focused. They were imaginative, creative and an inspiration to the project, producing much of the material being used for promotion, including video.